07 June 2011

Training pt1

So far so good. I'm managing to get out and do something almost everyday now and the routes I've been doing on the bike are already getting faster and easier as my fitness is increasing. doing 40-50 miles a day is definitely possible at the moment and I've manged to do that on a loaded bike for three days out of four at a fast pace with no problems. 100 miles every day for 2.5 weeks is a different matter though! Lots of hard work still to go but it's heading in the right direction. The running has had to drop off a bit which is a shame but I'm going to stick with it even if it's just once a week for overall cardio-vascular fitness.

The new bike is coming along OK and despite a few teething problems with the rear rack coming unscrewed and the handlebar working it's way loose mid-ride it's proving to be a really nice bike to ride. Strapping a heavy rucksack to the back makes the handling....interesting as it's so top heavy. It's not too bad for now but I really must get some proper panniers soon to lower the centre of gravity a bit.

1 comment: