23 July 2011

Training update

A bit of a slow week this week. Work commitments have meant that I've not managed to put the miles in that I would have liked, and with the new wheels for my touring bike only being delivered on Thursday I've not been able to even commute by bike. Just the 75 mile ride last Sunday and a solitary turbo trainer session. Never mind, I've got a day in London today on a Boris bike for the first time! and tomorrow it's the London to Cambridge ride. It's only 60-65 miles but I'll probably end up topping it up to just over 80 miles by the end of the day.

Now that the new wheels for my touring bike have arrived and with all of the other smaller things now also changed, hopefully next week the 50 miles per day commute can resume. Fingers crossed as there a 100+ miles day next Sunday at the Evans Cycles Reading sportive and I'll need the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment