20 September 2011

Day 10 - Willingham to Chipping Norton

Not too much to say about today I'm afraid. A strong side wind which made the bike a bit lively on the less sheltered stretches but it didn't really hamper my progress. Some larger hills in the last third of the route for the first time since north Yorkshire so that was good to get the legs working in that way again ahead of the rest of the Cotswolds tomorrow and Devon and Cornwall in the days after. The route was still 148km (93 miles) but i'd finished by 1630 which is the earliest yet. I also feel the best after a days ride than I have during this entire thing. No problems with the knees either today. Overall pretty textbook stuff which is unheard of this trip so far!

Tomorrow is the trans-Cotswold route to Shepton Mallet which has the potential to be very hilly but I don't recall it being that bad when I planned the route before that start. It's more into-wind than today so that will be a greater challenge than today if nothing else.

I was reminded yesterday that yesterday increased the total mileage past the 1000mile mark! That means that had I been doing the JoG to LE directly I would have finished it yesterday morning! An 8.5day direct route (which is also a lot flatter by the way, and probably done in better weather) is a very good time, so that was a stat that I liked as it gives a very real comparison against my progress.

Rich


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment